"The results are amazing, compliment after compliment and my boyfriend can't stop kissing me. I definitely recommend Theresa she really is lovely. I can't wait to have more treatments."
In order to maintain the best results at all times, we fully recommend you follow the aftercare advice that is provided to you. We will of course explain this to you in detail at your treatment. However, in the meantime, feel free to take a look at what you need to be mindful of before and after your treatments.
Important advice on proper care following your treatment which is necessary in achieving the best results
- Your skin will be temporarily sensitised after the treatment and you should adhere to the following instructions for the next 10 days. This will help avoid infection and allow time for the skin to recover.
- If you apply make up during the next 5 days following your treatment, you do so entirely at your own risk. You have been advised how to apply safely by covering and protecting the treated area.
- Healing can take up to 10 days and it is perfectly normal for small scabbing to appear on the treated area(s). These should be allowed to fall off naturally over a period of a few days.
- After the treatment; It is also normal for there to be fading of the colour during the first 2 weeks and patchy sections, as the skin is still healing and the pigment will return to the surface after 2/3 weeks
During the post-treatment period please avoid the following:
- GETTING THE TREATED AREA WET – THE PIGMENT WILL PEEL OFF
- Touching the treated area (s)
- Using soaps, cleansers, creams or make up on the treated area(s)
- Facial treatments such as eyelash or eyebrow tinting, plucking, electrolysis etc.
- Any abrasive materials such as rough towels or similar. If small scabs appear on the treated area (s), DO NOT TOUCH THEM. They will fall off in a few days.
- Taking hot baths, saunas or other heat treatments.
- Sunbathing, using Sunbeds or swimming.
- Using any form of bleach or depilatory products
In order to ensure that you receive the very best permanent makeup and achieve excellent results, you will be required to follow our post treatment aftercare advice.
It is important to remember that immediately following your treatment you may experience slight skin sensitivity in the form of tenderness, redness, swelling, flaking, dryness and itchiness for between 2-5 days. If you have undergone an eye treatment your eyelashes may stick together and eyelids appear puffier than usual. Lip treatments similarly may be sensitive and as an extra precaution we advise that you avoid eating spicy and overly salty foods and drink through a straw for up to a week after treatment, being extra gentle to the area that has been worked on. If at any stage you are concerned don’t hesitate to contact your permanent make-up artist for further guidance.
- Please note that the initial colour of the treatment will be up to 50% darker for between 4-7 days immediately after your procedure. After the tissue heals the colour pigment will become lighter and therefore a retouch will be necessary 4-6 weeks later. It is imperative that no further treatments are undergone to the area in this healing period, as the skin tissues will be undergoing the healing process, which may result in the masking of the true pigment under layers of healed skin.
- Should you experience any swelling to the area, apply an ice pack covered with cloth to protect your skin to reduce swelling.
- If you suffer with Herpex Simples (Cold Sores) it is highly advisable to prevent an outbreak that may be lying dormant by taking prescribed medication from your doctor or chemist before your treatment and for up to 7 days after your procedure, to prevent a re-occurrence and scarring. As with any medication follow the instructions carefully and discuss with your GP, Chemist and Permanent Makeup Artist in advance of and after your treatment.
- For 1 week post treatment it is important to apply a thin layer of the balm provided by your Permanent Makeup Artist, with clean hands 4 times daily as part of your aftercare, with a fresh cotton bud or clean micro brush to avoid cross contamination. Do not use Vaseline or similar types of ointments or balms to the treated area. Remember that organic/natural creams can be stronger so are also not advised.
- It is advisable however to use a gentle facial cleanser after your treatment for sensitive skins, patting the area dry with lint-free tissue to avoid any unnecessary irritation to the treatment area.
- Do not pick, peel or scratch the treatment area. Whilst some itching is normal throughout the healing process any disturbance to the area could result in unwanted scarring or infection.
- Avoid make up for 72 hours after the treatment using clean brushes and a new mascara or lip gloss/stick on the treatment area, when resuming your daily routine.
- Avoid excess exposure to heat, cold, water and direct sunlight. Avoid getting the area overly wet and avoid active sports, gym workouts, jacuzzis, saunas, steam rooms, swimming pools and sun tanning beds for at least 2 weeks after your treatment.
- Avoid the use of moisturisers that contain glycolic acid in, as these can fade permanent makeup.
- Always use SPF 15 or higher in the sun and keep your treatment area out of direct sunlight.
- We advise the use of mineral based makeup.
- If you are planning to give blood please inform the practitioner of your permanent treatment and date when it took place, as you may not be able to donate blood for up to four months post treatment.
- If you are required to undergo an MRI or similar medical related scan, chemical peel or cosmetic enhancement please inform your consultant that you have undergone a permanent make up treatment. It is important to remember that certain procedures such as fillers and injectables may alter the shape of your lips and brows. Laser treatment can also change the shade of your permanent makeup so it is important to advise your beauty therapist / medi-aesthetic technician that you have permanent makeup in your pre-treatment consultation.
- Annual maintenance procedures may be required to keep your permanent makeup in pristine condition; individual timeframes vary however it is generally advised to consult with your permanent make-up artist for an annual re-touch between 12-18 months after your initial procedure and follow on re-touch treatment.
IF YOU DO NOT ADHERE TO YOUR AFTERCARE INSTRUCTIONS AND THERE IS LACK OF PIGMENT RETENTION YOU WILL BE CHARGED FOR ADDITIONAL TREATMENTS AT £75 PER RETOUCH IN THE FIRST 3-6 MONTHS OF YOUR INITIAL TREATMENT. OTHER RETOUCH PRICES ARE ON MY WEBSITE
Should infection occur, seek immediate medical attention.
- Clients can resume normal activities immediately after their session.
- A sensation like sunburn is often observed, if clients feel particularly aware of the treatment area over the counter anti-inflammatory medication such as Ibuprofen can be taken
- Do not pick, peel or pull at carbon crust – wait for them to slough away naturally. This period of visually not looking 100% is worth the wait!
- The area treated must be kept free of all make up, mascaras, creams and lotions other than recommended aftercare products.
- Cleanse the area twice daily with mild soap and lukewarm boiled water to avoid build up of bacteria. Do not use alcohol-based cleansers or apply plasters as this can slow healing.
- Expect some swelling for one to five days after treatment – recovery times are generally shorter than this. This is a normal reaction, and part of the initial stages of the skin healing & rebuilding. Typically swelling is at its worst on day 3 and will have subsided by day 5.
- To prevent scabbing, clients should keep the area moist using aftercare products, and supplementing their diet with additional vitamin C.
- Clients must contact the clinic if at any time the area becomes hot, red or shows signs of infection.
- There may be occasional weeping; this is normal and part of the healing response.
- As the area heals and dries, a light crust can form on the skin. Do not pick, and keep clean and dry.
- Clients must revisit for a review at 6 weeks post session.
- Clients must wear SPF50 and stay out of the sun 6+ weeks to avoid hyperpigmentation.